Gulliver & Tyler is proud to have served North Canterbury and Hurunui districts for 127 years and is a well established member of the McKinnon Funeral Group,
a New Zealand family owned and operated funeral group.
The McKinnon Funeral Group
We are a family business that understands
the needs of your family.
Our McKinnon Funeral Group sister firms
History - Established in 1890
Founded in 1890, Gulliver and Tyler carries the name of two of Rangiora's early businessmen and one of the town's longest serving mayors.
Herbert Gulliver was in business around the turn of the 20th century, hiring horses to draw his funeral carriages from another Rangiora firm, C. A. Tyler and Sons. Charles Tyler served as Rangiora's mayor from 1939 to 1961 and his distinguished service to the community was recognised in 1950 with an OBE.
Previous owners Mark Pearson followed by the Seal family served the communities of North Canterbury and Hurunui from 1959 to 2011.
Phil & Jo Seal built Flaxton Park crematorium and chapel in early 2000's and sold Gulliver & Tyler, including Flaxton Park to the
The McKinnon Funeral Group, in 2011.
The main office of Gulliver and Tyler is at 367 High Street and will be returning to Kaiapoi later this year with the opening of an office which part of the Kaiapoi Post Office building Charles Street.
The management and staff continue to uphold and advance upon the high standards of service set by their predecessors.