Founded in 1890, Gulliver and Tyler carries the name of two of North Canterbury's early businessmen and one of Rangiora's longest serving mayors.
Herbert Gulliver was in business around the turn of the 20th century, hiring horses to draw his funeral carriages from another Rangiora firm, C. A. Tyler and Sons. Charles Tyler served as Rangiora's mayor from 1939 to 1961 and his distinguished service to the community was recognised in 1950 with an OBE.
Previous owners Mark Pearson followed by the Seal family, served the communities of North Canterbury and Hurunui from 1959 to 2011.
Canterbury Funeral's is a New Zealand family owned and operated group who have funeral homes from Timaru to Kaikoura, including Gulliver & Tyler.
The main North Canterbury offices of Gulliver and Tyler are located at 37 Blackett Street in Rangiora.
The management and staff continue to uphold and advance upon the high standards of service set by their predecessors.